Demoreseters from the Global South share their powers and strategies to overcome obstacles in an exciting game of collaboration. It is an opportunity to experience the revelation about the importance of working together and the strength of collaboration that is tied to rediscovering the power they have.
CALL TWO: Regional mobilization and research ally
Present and describe their differential deliberation practices in the call for access to technical and methodological support processes that allow them to adapt institutional models of deliberation based on their local proposals for training, conversation, decision-making and communication of learning and solutions between local authorities and civil society.
- Recognize the differential practices of deliberation in the 4 regions that are part of the project.
- To implement a model of specialized accompaniment to the selected practices during 4 months.
- To understand the institutional models of deliberation, we will study with the selected communities and practices the models described by organizations such as the OECD for deliberation that have been traditionally used in the Global North.
- Adapt deliberation models, based on the recognition of the powers, strategies and strengths that exist in the differential practices of deliberation, we will co-design adaptations to the institutional models to apply in a real case and context of decision making in which the communities are working in their territories.
- Design a regional laboratory model, to test the adapted model that has been built with the selected communities and practices.
They receive the technical support model described above for 4 months to develop the mapping, adaptation and design of the laboratories.
Access to contents and learning experiences. This involves circulation of the re-edited contents of Master Classes and Experience Exchanges, the newsletter, invitation to the new Experience Exchanges, to the launching of the Deliberative Journals and activation to participate in the different cohorts in the digital Demoreset: Matchmaking Component.
Functional barriers identified in demoreset 1.0 for deliberation and citizen participation).
Description: they represent resistance to understanding and non-collaboration between different cultures and perspectives.
The "Chaos Structurers"
Description: They personify the rigidity and lack of adaptability in organizations that hinder effective participation and decision-making.
The "Storm Conveners"
Description: Situations, attitudes and/or strategies that hinder the ability to bring people together and create effective deliberative spaces.
Description: Situations and/or attitudes that interfere with processes and tools designed to foster active citizen participation.
The "Obscured Decision Makers"
Description: Represent obstacles that prevent decisions from being made in a fair and efficient manner.